- POISON HEMLOCK: Conium maculatum
- AKA: Herb Bennet, Beaver Poison, Water Hemlock.
- Origin: Southern Europe and Britain. Temperate areas of Asia and northern Africa.
- Lore: Given to criminals in Greece to kill them. This is what did in Socrates. Used by King Solomon to consecrate his ritual knife. Sacred to Hecate.
- Magick: To purify and empower ritual and magickal tools.
- To arouse jealousy. Astral projection. Banishing.
- WATER HEMLOCK: Cicuta virosa
- AKA: Cowbane
- Other: Used interchangeably with Poison Hemlock, both equally toxic. The Hemlock TREE is an entirely different being and is not poisonous.